What is a Doula?
The word 'doula' comes from an Ancient Greek word meaning "a woman who serves," and is now used to describe a modern profession. A doula is trained and experienced in childbirth and helps to provide guidance, evidence-based information, emotional support, and physical comfort to a mother before, during, and just after childbirth.
What Does A Doula Do?
- Provides information and helps to sort through options regarding birth preferences.
- Provides emotional and physical support.
- Helps facilitate clear communication.
- Uses comfort measures and techniques including touch, relaxation + movement during labor.
- Provides support for the birth partner.
What a Doula Does NOT Do
- Doulas are NOT medical professionals, they are not there to treat or diagnose any medical condition.
- They do not perform any clinical or medical tasks.
- They do not deliver your baby.
- They do not take over the role of your husband or partner.
Cassandra is a labor support doula serving the Lake Norman area of Charlotte, North Carolina. She is a grateful + proud wife to Tom and loving + patience mama to Diana Grace. Cassandra has had both a natural childbirth, as well as a c-section. She stepped into the prenatal space when she suffered from the loss during her first pregnancy. Cassandra looks forward to serving you throughout your pregnancy journey.
Labor Support + Birth Doula
Registered Yoga Teacher + Certified in Prenatal
Childbirth Educator with 'Beyond the Bump'
Trained in Reiki Level 2
Labor Support Services
- Immediate postpartum support to help with initiating breastfeeding and bonding.
- One postpartum visit during your first two weeks home to help you transition into parenthood. We will debrief your birth experience and discuss any questions you have.
- Access to my library of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and newborn resources.
- Continued text message support postpartum.
- Support during your pregnancy as you prepare for birth and parenting. Assistance in the creation of a birth planning document, discussing your preferences and needs.
- On-call 24/7 for your labor and birth from the moment you hire me until your baby is born. I have an extensive team of experienced doulas for back-up, so your birth is always covered.
- Continuous active labor support at your home or hospital or birth center.
Private Childbirth Classes
Covering topics including; stages of labor, comfort measure and practices, laboring at home,
positions during birth, essential oils during labor and so much more!
Partners are HIGHLY encouraged to attend and participate.
Connect with me today
+ Let’s Chat about your birth!
Charlotte, Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, Mooresville, Troutman, Statesville and other surrounding areas.